Find a Way To Follow!

Monday, August 8, 2011

5 Things I Think, Aug 8

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was filled to the brim with productivity, but still a good time was had. Here come my 5 things...

1) I think that Little Danger enjoyed his first baseball game. We have a lovely little hometown team here in the Great Midwest, and they took it to the wire Friday night. Put up an "L", but it was still a good game for all that. The final pitch was on a bases loaded 2-2 count, with the home team 1 run down in the bottom of the ninth. DRAMA.
For his part, Little Danger enjoyed shaved ice, 2 hot dogs (no bun), part of a pretzel, and a banana, while occasionally noticing the action on the field. (You should have seen the belly.)
A personal highlight happened when they put the camera on his cousin Lizardbelly and put her on the Jumbotron (because she's so stinkin' adorable), and then Wifefish slowly raised Little Danger up into the shot. There was a collective "Awww" from the crowd, and I couldn't help smiling. I'm required to think he's cute, he's my son. The fans, however, just agreed.


Lizardbelly cheers, Little Danger peers.

2) I think the rehearsals for Jekyll & Hyde are both fun and awesome. The director has a pretty cool vision for the production, and I'm being pushed by the quality of the musicians around me. I'm holding my own, but dayum this is a talented bunch. I'm really looking forward to this one.

3) I think it's always a good thing to wrestle our grocery budget into submission. Once again this weekend it was forced to tap out to the rear naked choke.
We spent 6 1/2 hours of our weekend cooking, Wifefish and I. At the end of it all, we had 72 meals completed and stacked in the freezer. Good stuff, too...black bean enchiladas, meatloaf (not the singer), Cajun lasagna, Guiness shepherd pie (YUM), and more. And here's the kicker...the cost per meal came out to $5.65 per meal, just a bit less than a buck fifty per mouth feed each dinner.
I think I should tell you now that I'm about 1/4 of the way through writing the book on our Mass Cooking method.

4) I think it doesn't matter which side of the aisle you cheer for, things look pretty fuckled in D.C. right now. It appears that SecTreas is trying to tell us the boat didn't hit an iceberg, and that in fact the iceberg just doesn't understand how a government ship should run. Hey, genius...it's still a freaking iceberg, and we can see through the BS you're spewing. As soon as they start telling us the ship isn't sinking, I advise sneaking a few steps toward the lifeboat. Metaphorically, of course.

5) I think I might catch some flack for this one...but stick with me here. I think I'm jealous of the BlogHer convention. I read so many tweets about how wonderful it was, who was meeting whom, and the connections made. It leaves me to wonder...is there a BlogHim? Can we dudes crash the party? I promise to behave, and I'll bring lots of baby pictures. And scotch.
But seriously, for those of you who went, welcome back. Glad you had a good time.

And that's another Monday. Please stick around, hit the share buttons, follow and comment, and KEEP BEING AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Blogdudes can indeed crash the Blogher party! But let's move onto the important part of this comment: PLEASE OH PLEASE SHARE THAT GUINNESS SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE.

    I'm seriously drooling over here. It's not attractive.

    Fuck it. I'm grabbing a Guinness before noon, people. SEE WHAT YOU'VE DRIVEN ME TO? DO YOU SEE?!?!

    ((p.s. glad to hear J&H rehearsals are going well!))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...