Here are my 5 things:
1) I think that getting a childhood illness in adulthood almost universally sucks metaphorical donkey balls. I recently contracted Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. It was hell. I don't recommend it. What started as strep throat type symptoms and treatment led to a hand rash that quickly had me thinking I was allergic to penicillin. And then my feet broke out too, and the antihistamines did nothing, and I was as perplexed as a poodle passing peach pits.
Fortunately, I have a great doctor, one who really clicks with me. I.E., he's a fucking smartass with an ability to diagnose and treat at Mach 4. He's a handshaker, so upon entering the office I had to wince as the painful rash made contact with skin. He saw that, looked at my hands, and said "Damn...I might regret that handshake. Open your mouth, OK?"
Which I did.
"Oh, good. There were only two things that could be, and I was sure you didn't have syphilis. Let me get the book to show you some pictures, you'll love this. That's HFM!"
"So, what can I do about the damnable discomfort, Doc?"
He shrugged his shoulders. "Suffer through it."
I explained my allergy to pain. "Well, we could see if you respond to a steroid blast. That can help."
I eagerly agreed. "OK, get ready for a shot then."
I shook my head.
"Alrighty then. I'll send the scrip to your pharmacy. I'm not shaking your hand again, by the way", he said, with an impish grin.
Well, I'm happy to report that I am not going the way of Ben Franklin, I'm not allergic to penicillin either. But I did have to suffer through some nastiness. When terrycloth is torture, you have some mean shit. The 'roids helped, I didn't rage, and managed to get back on my feet in a few days.
2) I think it's been a while since we've shared a shot of this guy. This was a few months ago, actually, but the cute factor is overpowering.
Little Danger has happy feet!I have to live with this. Every. Day. It breaks my brain sometimes, because he's a handsome and charming dude, who absolutely loves to make his parents laugh. Life is good.
3) I think it's ridonkulous that I'm already seeing political ads on my TV. November is MONTHS from now, you freakin' douchecanoes! I don't CARE about your idiotic attack ads, and I'm sick of the lot of you. That's a serious cliff notes version of what I really think...perhaps it's time to kick back some Scotch and tear up a true Dangerboy Rant.
4) I think I'm nuts. The LARP is back up and running, and I'm having a blast with it. So what do I do? I design a second game, to run every other month that the current one isn't running. Sometimes, creativity can be a harsh bitch of a mistress. That being said, I'm really jazzed about getting some playtests in this year. This may seem cryptic to some of you, suffice to say I will explain.
5) I think, for the first time in a long time, I'm ready for a holiday ahead of time. All the Mother's Day shopping was done yesterday, and necessary though thoughtful gifts are being given. As I am notoriously horrible at shopping, I've shocked myself. I can't usually be trusted to know what day it is, much less what day is coming around the corner like an Atlantic City streetwalker. I'll be further surprised if I can repeat the phenomenon.
Well, gang...that's my five for today. I'm happy to be back, and looking forward to getting back in the groove. I've only been writing rules and background lately, so I'm happy to bring some funny and deep again. Let's see how it works out, eh?
So...what do you think today?