Find a Way To Follow!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Five Things I Think, Post Christmas

Greetings, gang! It's been a while, but I have a perfectly good excuse. Umm...reason. Add to that the rush of the holidays, that never-quite-caught-up-shit-I-forgot-to-buy-something nightmare before Christmas, compounded by being surrounded on all sides and at all locations by people walking around with plagues that I try not to catch but still end up a slave to mucus, and you not only have a run-on sentence worthy of Poe, but no time to blog.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1) I think that colds, flus, and other assorted illnesses should be banned from the holidays. Just get 'em right on out of here for just one freakin' week.
Whereas last Christmas I was tormented, this year Little Danger and his cousin the General got to suffer from head cold hell. It didn't ruin their festivities, but it did introduce some grump and lethargy that would otherwise have been absent. Only the power of Christmas cookies and unwrapped treasures dented their dour demeanors.



2) I think there aren't enough hours in the day, which I have been guilty of thinking before. I've picked up a second job, and I'm starting to really brain out my strategy of becoming my own boss. To that end, I will be scarce around here for a while. I haven't really been bringing the good posts in a while, and I have to face up to that and buckle down on the career. I'll still be here, but not as often. Hopefully I can refocus on writing that makes me happy. Conversely, this makes me sad, but it is the right thing to do. Damned responsibility. At this rate I'll be changing my handle from Dangerboy to SleepDeprivedZombieChainedToADeskboy.

3) I think that I started that 2nd job with a bang. I already have my first nemesis...I made an enemy and 13 friends all at the same time.
We had our first staff meeting for said 2nd job, and the managers were announcing an initiative we are expected to participate in. Nothing horrendous, either...just visiting neighbor businesses and offering to exchange flyers/coupons/whatevers to cross-promote. Enter the office asshole...every office has one, I think.
He loudly expounded upon how horrible such an idea was, and how it would surely result in being kicked out of places and "bad-mouthed all over town." Because that's what he would have done when he owned his own business. Which he no longer does. Maybe because he's an asshole.
To make a long story short, I cut him off at the knees, describing the best way to not get thrown out and to make friends and influence people. He was not amused, and told me he was not "a random fool". No, just a very specific one. I simply smiled at him...it is better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool than to announce to the room that one is.
Fortunately for all involved, he'll be in a different location than I will. I'd hate to have to make him a hobby.

4) I think I'm well beyond ready for 2012 to get here. I mentioned elsewhere that it feels like 2011 has been an unruly houseguest. Sure, the conversation has been good, and I've learned some things...but the muddy shoes on the couch, trash all over the place, and blatant theft of my hard earned money...well, I'm showing 2011 the door. In my heart, it's ALREADY SUNDAY. Take that, 2011. Now all I have to worry about is that farking Mayan calendar.

5) I think you should have a fantastic New Year, and I hope your holidays have been happy and hope-filled.

So, what do YOU think?

2 comments:

  1. A "Random fool"? Who SAYS that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey D.B. -- Just wishing you a Happy New Year. I feel the same way about 2012. I'm so glad it's here. I like even years better, anyway.

    That 2nd job is keeping you might busy, I'd guess! Good luck with it all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...