I hope you'll forgive me for being a date late with my thoughts. Of course, if you don't, there's not much you can do about it. Maybe haze me in the comments or something...
1) I think I've got a pretty huge and geeky opportunity on the horizon that, sadly, I can't talk much about. But it does make me evaluate my opinions and has made me think that perhaps I should be careful not to paint with too broad a mental brush. I find myself cautiously optimistic, having been burned in this arena once before. Once bitten, twice skeptical as all hell.
2) I think I'm a zombie today. I don't know what was wrong with Little Danger last night, but he was crying about every 10 minutes. I finally threw in the towel and snuggled him in the guest bed, which let him get some sleep. Me, not so much. It's time for the coffee IV, stat! Going back over the blog, I can see that this happens with some frequency. It strikes me that the zombie apocalypse will begin with parents of toddlers. One of us will be patient zero.
3) I think I despise election season. I've had a certain union that will remain nameless calling my cellphone to solicit my vote on their issue. I've asked them to remove my number multiple times, but still, they call. I get voter fatigue every election, and whereas I love the right to vote, I am tired of people bugging me about it. Especially on my cell. Call me and bug me about an issue, and I can guarantee an earful of expletives.
4) I think that it's important to push through the grump sometimes. I had a crappy morning on Saturday, and had nearly resolved to skip a party that night and be, in short, a curmudgeon. As it was a costume party and I was part of a group costume, I went anyway. And I had a fantastic time, and felt the angst and stress of the day evaporate amongst friends. I wonder how many expulsions of stress I have missed out on out of simple harrumph-y self-spite. I think I'll try not to do that anymore.
5) I think Space Marine is a fucking beautiful game. If you're a 40k fan, you need to check it out. The attention to detail is riveting, the "grimdark" palpable. Gothic touches abound and background noises make the scenes more immersive, driving home the bleak hopelessness of man in the vast Imperium. Also, thwacking swathes of orks into a bloody goo with a Thunder Hammer is just so very, very cathartic. I think it'll be difficult to give it back to Bodek, whom I gratefully thank for the borrow.
Well, that's five things. Not very profound, but I am still harried by the lack of income just now. Back to the grind!
So...what do YOU think today?