Find a Way To Follow!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Scotchy Scotch, vol 2



Second in my journey through the bottles of “water of life”, I’d like to introduce you to one of my personal favorites: Dalwhinnie.

Dalwhinnie is a very, very easy to drink Scotch. Consider it entry level, but still of a quality. A taste of Dalwhinnie brings to mind fields of heather, and indeed has a taste of heather flowers or heather honey in it. One might also get a sense of pear in the taste. The nose is sweet and slightly smoky.

This is a distillery that doesn’t have a tremendous selection, but that is no handicap whatsoever.

When you have something good, you stick with it. After all, Dalwhinnie is one of the “Six Classic Malts” collection, and has earned its place there.

<-- Look, the distillery...where the magic happens!



It’s a great example of a Highland scotch. That's not to say it will cut off your head, but speaks to the style.


It’s average in price for Single Malt, taking about a $45 bite out of my wallet for each bottle. It is also a bottle that I make sure I always have at least one of at all times in my bar.

Dalwhinnie. Remember it, and Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...