Find a Way To Follow!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Five Things I Think, November 22

Greetings, folks. It's time again. Time to put on our thinking caps. Ready? Let's do this!

1) I think I had a great trip last week. I found myself in Myrtle Beach, on business. I'd never been there. The hotel Wifefish and I stayed at, the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort and Spa at Grande Dunes (what a mouthful!), was fucking fantastic.
I've been on many, many business trips over the past 16 years, and this is the first time I've felt like a rock star. A-list. Tom Cruise without the couch jumping and alien worship. I recommend the place highly for friendly, attentive staff in a good location on the beach.
Sitting outside, eating dinner, and listening to the surf upon arrival was just perfect. It was nice to pretend for a few days that we aren't flat frakking broke.


The view from the 15th floor. This did not suck.

2) I think it's very endearing, if perhaps a bit icky, to get a snotty toddler kiss in the morning. I was both disgusted and touched. Little Danger has learned to give kisses, and it's the cutest thing ever. (Until the next cute thing happens, of course.)

3) I think it's exceptionally difficult to change a diaper when the toddler whom is being changed has a foam sword in his hand. Duck and weave, cartoon goes in front, duck and weave, fasten, duck and weave, pants on, duck and THWACK! "That's my nose!" Game over.

4) I think that driving to Myrtle Beach was ex-fucking-xhausting. 11+ hours behind the wheel, twice. Granted, the drive through the mountains was beautiful, and filled with the kind of curves at 65 mph that make you feel like a fighter pilot. It was also nice to get a bunch of revision work done on a game manual...it was not a boring drive, at least.

5) I think I'd better start hitting the gym HARD. It's Thanksgiving week, which means not one, but two big turkey dinners for us. I picked up our "home" turkey, which we have posthumously named Hank, from Serenity Valley Farm yesterday. He's a big bird. He promises to be tasty and fresh, and I hope he lives up to his potential as the centerpiece of my inevitable weight gain.

Last time, I thought I'd get some writing done while we were gone. Guess what I didn't do. But since I was alternately being pampered and working to get sales, I have no regrets. I regret nothing!!!
Now, I'm back to work. I've got a hell of a slump to dig out of, and precious little time to do it in. I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...